Number of Openings
Virtual Brokers ("VB") is a division of BBS Securities Inc. BBS is
registered in all Provinces and Territories of Canada as an Investment Dealer, and is a member of
Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF).
Headquartered in Toronto, Virtual Brokers is Canada''s most innovative online investment brokerage and
ranked as the best and top online brokerage firm in Canada by the Globe and Mail in 2011, 2012, 2013 &
2014. We are the leading provider of ultra low-latency direct market access (DMA) trading technologies
and brokerage services for active and professional traders. Our diversified product suite includes
application and Web based trading platforms, plus advanced analytical tools designed to meet the needs
of active, professional, high frequency traders and those employing sophisticated trading algorithms.
At VB, we rely on cutting edge technology and the finest professionals in and trading
fields to provide highly competent, reliable and attentive trading services to our institutional and
sophisticated high net-worth clients.
The successful candidate is required to work both independently and as a member of a team, interacting
effectively with business personnel to get new clients and maintain the existing ones.
This is a non-managerial position and candidate should be ready to travel and
attend in trade shows and events.
- New account opening and administrative tasks.
- Assist walk-in clients with account opening and general account inquiries.
- Handle incoming emails, phones and chat lines from customers and ensure that all questions or requests are resolved in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Seek, recognize and act upon opportunities to expand business relationships with clients.
- Engaging targeted prospects segments by proactively placing outbound calls and subsequent follow-up to drive new account and asset growth.
- Host and participate in educational and trades events.
- Perform delegated operational tasks and duties.
- Fluency in English Language (both written and spoken).
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, Windows).
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- Organized, accurate and hardworking character.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Like to do office and administrative tasks.
- Exceptional telephone & communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and challenging environment.
Nice to have:
- Fluency in French language (both written and spoken).
- Related Canadian/US experience.
- Knowledge and experience with trading platforms.
- Understanding of online investing products & services.
- Successful completion of CSC, CPH & TTC (Trader Training Course) courses.
VB is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job code.