Number of Openings
The successful candidate is required to work both independently and as a member of a team, interacting effectively with business personnel to adapt and integrate new technologies and processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in analysis, design and development of multi-tier client-server applications.
The Developer filling this position is required to contribute to analysis and design while being accountable for the development, testing and implementation of solutions and enhancements to this system. Responsibilities will evolve to include work on other applications within the group, as well as providing team leader with weekly status reports on assigned tasks, and performing any other software maintenance duties as needed.
At BBS we rely on cutting edge technology and the finest professionals in and trading fields to provide highly competent, reliable and attentive trading services to our institutional and sophisticated high net-worth clients.
- Design, develop and implement web-based applications.
- Write and maintain technical design documentation.
- Provide technical support of production systems.
- Participate actively and pro-actively in the identification, design and implementation of timely and robust solutions to business-related issues.
- Design, develop, integrate, test and implement fixes to production problems or enhancements to existing applications.
- Provide time estimates and resource requirements.
- Work with other team members to cooperatively design, develop and deploy quality solutions in order to satisfy project objectives and client requirements.
- Ensure consistency in coding standards.
- Comply with System Development Life Cycle methodology. Responsible for requirements, design, testing and deployment documents.
- Ensure required documentation is housed in the project repository and that knowledge transfer has occurred to full time staff upon time off periods.
- Participate in after-hours support rotation as/if required.
- Post Secondary education in Computer Science, Mathematics or related.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Experience with multi-tier client server architecture.
- Three years Canadian/US experience in web development.
- Two years solid experience on Microsoft Web API, WCF and Entity Framework.
- Three years Canadian/US experience in object oriented design.
- Three years Canadian/US experience in supporting developed applications, platforms or architecture.
- Three years solid experience on SQL database.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude
- ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC
- Microsoft Web API, WCF and Entity Framework
- Node.js, Angular 2
- HTML5, CSS3
- C#, Microsoft Visual Studio
- SQL, Microsoft SQL Server
- Network, TCP/IP concepts, security and communication protocols
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and experience with financial applications (Equity Trading, Market Data, etc.).
- CSC - Canadian Security Course.
BBS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
To apply, please contact us electronically Here with your Name, Job Title Opportunity, and Full Contact Information. An HR representative will then follow up with you shortly.