Number of Openings
The successful candidate is required to work both independently and as a member of a team, interacting effectively with business personnel to adapt and integrate new technologies and processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in analysis, design and development of multi-tier client-server applications.
The developer filling this position is required to contribute to analysis and design while being accountable for the development, testing and implementation of solutions and enhancements to this system. Responsibilities will evolve to include work on other applications within the group, as well as providing the team with weekly status reports on assigned tasks, and performing any other software maintenance duties as needed.
At VB we rely on cutting edge technology and the finest professionals to provide highly competent, reliable and attentive trading services to our institutional and sophisticated high net worth clients.
- Design and implement database centric applications and customized reporting solutions in C# with a high level of attention to detail.
- Provide technical support for production systems.
- Implement fixes to production problems in a timely fashion
- Participate in after-hours on-call support if required.
- Expert in Database schema design
- DBA level knowledge of MS-SQL 2005, 2008, 2012
- Experience with DB performance tuning
- Ability to create and read SQL Profiler traces
- Be able to code stored procedures, views, functions, cursors
- Make technical recommendations to improve the security, integrity and efficiency of the enterprise databases
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to work under pressure
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields, or equivalent work experience.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Experience with multi-tier client server architecture.
- Exposure to .NET Web based application development [REST].
- Exposure to Web Services.
- Minimum 4 years Canadian/US experience in object oriented design.
- Minimum 3 years Canadian/US experience in supporting developed applications, platforms or architecture.
- C#, .NET Framework with Microsoft Visual Studio
- REST Web based Applications.
- SQL, Microsoft SQL Server preferred
- VSS, TFS, Jira or exposure to other Source control software
Nice to have:
- WPF / WCF / Windows Forms / Entity Framework experience
- Knowledge and experience with financial applications (Equity Trading, Market Data, etc.).
- CSC - Canadian Security Course (nice to have).
VB is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
To apply, please contact us electronically Here with your Name, Job Title Opportunity, and Full Contact Information. An HR representative will then follow up with you shortly.