Number of Openings
Virtual Brokers ("VB") is a division of BBS Securities Inc. BBS is
registered in all Provinces and Territories of Canada as an Investment Dealer, and is a member of
Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF).
Headquartered in Toronto, Virtual Brokers is Canada''s most innovative online investment brokerage and
ranked as the best and top online brokerage firm in Canada by the Globe and Mail in 2011, 2012, 2013 &
2014. We are the leading provider of ultra low-latency direct market access (DMA) trading technologies
and brokerage services for active and professional traders. Our diversified product suite includes
application and Web based trading platforms, plus advanced analytical tools designed to meet the needs
of active, professional, high frequency traders and those employing sophisticated trading algorithms.
At VB, we rely on cutting edge technology and the finest professionals in and trading
fields to provide highly competent, reliable and attentive trading services to our institutional and
sophisticated high net-worth clients.
The successful candidate is required to work both independently and as a member of a team, interacting
effectively with business personnel to get new clients and maintain the existing ones.
This is a non-managerial position and candidate should be ready to travel and
attend in trade shows and events.
- Provide timely, accurate, and efficient service delivery in support of ongoing, month-end, quarter-end, and year-end finance statement and regulatory reporting services for a fast-growing IIROC broker dealer.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, prepare detail transaction analysis and investigate and resolve issues with respect to financial data quality, unusual transactions, incomplete data, outstanding items ensure timely identification and resolution of all reconciling items.
- Perform revenue and cost analysis related to the firm's product offerings and operational activities.
- Provide support to internal audits, external audits, and regulatory audits by providing documentation and information and assist with answering audit queries.
- Identify and initiate process improvements in financial reporting system.
- Assist in on-going CRA and IRS tax reporting and identifying tax compliance issues.
- Understanding of IFRS requirements
- Solid knowledge in financial reporting systems
- Good understanding of financial products and services
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail and task oriented, accuracy and attention to detail to identify missing, incomplete or inconsistent information.
- Team player, effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision, willingness to take initiative and an openness to new challenges
- Ability work under pressure and tight timeframes in a fast paced environment
- Fluent in English (both written & spoken)
- Proficiency in Excel
- Passing CSI CFO course will be an asset
- A University Degree or a college diploma in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of 2 years' accounting experience.
- Experience working in an accounting role within a brokerage industry
- Advance Excel skills and working knowledge in Quickbooks or similar accounting software
- Working towards a professional accounting designation and experience in public accounting firm are definite asset
VB is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the job code.